Hello my beautiful people, how are you doing?
So last week, we talked about “designing sparks in romantic relationships”. Did you guys try anything I shared in the last episode with your special person? I hope you did and it somewhat helped you to create sparks in your romantic relationships!
To change the topic a little bit, I have a huge interest in our environment and how our environment can lead us to make certain choices without us really noticing it.
I think that our current environment could potentially lead us to somewhere unhealthy, such as a big cooperate trying to make you consume toxic chemicals etc…
But there are some strategies you can use from Behavior Design to re-design your environment that can lead you to somewhere sparkle.
So today, I will share with you one field of research that could help you re-design your environment that can lead you to somewhere sparkle!
In today’s show, I will answer a question “how might we be able to re-design our environment that can lead us to sparkle places?”
Now let’s get started with today’s show!!!
- In today’s show, we will try to answer a question “how might we be able to re-design our environment that can lead us to sparkle places?” In particular, I introduced you a field of research called “Shikakelogy”. (00:07:26)
- “Shikakelogy” is a field of research that is conceptualized by Associate Professor Mastumura from Osaka University in Japan, and it has its origin in “shikake”, which is a Japanese term that represents physical and/or psychological trigger for implicit or explicit behavior change to solve problems. (00:08:02)
- For “shikakelogy”, unlike personal behavior change, there is this person who creates shikake and another person who is tricked by shikake. And shikake works in a way that the physical trigger of shikake (could be visual, sound etc…) creates psychological trigger inside the person who is tricked by shikake. (00:08:40)
- Shikake needs to have following 3 principals in order for the trigger to be shikake. They are…
(1). Fairness: Meaning that no one is going to disadvantage from shikake
(2). Attractiveness: It needs to evoke a behavior
(3). Duality of purpose: The objective of the person who creates shikake and the objective of the person who is tricked by it needs to be distinct. (00:09:28)
- I have also shared shikake trigger categories, so that it will be easier for you to re-create your own trigger. In shikake triggers, there are 2 main categories, Physical Trigger and Psychological Trigger. The detail of each category is explained in the show, so please go back and play it or refer to my blog post if you are interested. (00:10:15)
- The way we use this information to re-design our environment that can lead us to sparkle places is… First of all, you identify the specific behavior that can lead you to sparkle places. Secondly, try to match your specific behavior with shikake trigger categories. And finally, when you came up with a new trigger idea taking an advantage of this shikake categories, try to plant these triggers in your environment. (00:15:50)
- Now you have another strategy to re-design your environment that can lead you to sparkle places, so that you can feel more peace and possibilities in your daily life! (00:20:35)
Please send your comments and question to me via contact page of this site or below.
I would love to get in touch with you 🙂
Stay tuned for more!